Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ready, Set, Guests!

Day 32

After the mattress delivery debacles, I'm so thrilled to finally share with you our second completed guest bedroom. Just in time, too - I'm expecting a houseful of guests this weekend and now everyone has a bed!

I am so in love with the room. It's exactly what I envisioned when I set out decorating it. I wanted something whimsical and vintage-inspired, but also something you would find in a classic New England farmhouse with a beachy twist (which seems to be the overall direction the house is headed). I'm not saying I belong on HGTV's Next Design Star, but I'm pretty proud with the way the house is coming along.

Hubby and I decided long ago to go with two twin beds since our first guest room has a queen. This way we can sleep more people. And, when we have kids we'll already have the twins for their big kid rooms. Gotta think ahead so we're not buying furniture that won't have any long-term use. I have to be honest, though. Guest room #1 was really the one that would have fit the twin beds. It has a solid back wall built for them. But I have to admit I rather like the way the twins are on opposite walls. This way, people aren't sleeping face-to-face with someone else in the room. It's even growing on Hubby, who was very adamant about them being on the same wall.

There are a couple things I'd still like to get. A mirror, for one, because I believe no room is complete without one. But for now, the room is ready to go and anxiously awaiting its first visitors this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment