Monday, August 30, 2010

Meatless Monday- Black Bean Burgers with Mango Salsa

Day 50

After a few weeks making, albeit delicious pasta dishes, I was on a quest to make something for Meatless Monday that didn't involve pasta. Don't get me wrong. I love pasta, but once I start eating it I can't stop. It's true what they say - carbs make people happy!

I also love veggie burgers, but I very much dislike mushrooms, which is the main ingredient in most you'll find in the store or at a restaurant. The dish includes several of my favorite ingredients - black beans, avocado, mango - so I was really excited about giving it a try.

These burgers were a big hit in our house - yay, me!! I was a little nervous about getting the ingredients to bind together into a cohesive patty, but it was so easy. I was also able to make up the mango salsa earlier in the day to cut down on prep time in the evening. If you like anything with a southwest flair, you have to give these a try. So delicious!

Oh, and did I mention I found this in Cooking Light? That's three in a row for those of you counting. I'm wondering if I should just call them Cooking Light Mondays at this point. What can I say? They make it so easy for an amateur like me to feel like a rock star in the kitchen. Plus, I've subscribed to the publication for a little over a year and just now started putting it to use. Sooner or later, I suppose I'll run out of back issues and will have to look elsewhere for recipe ideas. Until then, thank you, Cooking Light!

My Grade: A
Hubby's Grade: A
Recipe: http://bit.ly/94VnOn

No comments:

Post a Comment