Monday, August 9, 2010

Meatless Monday - Orecchiette with Roasted Peppers, Arugula and Tomatoes

Day 29

Our second Meatless Monday dish might be one of my favorites that I've cooked any day thus far! (Before I forget - a big shout out to Cooking Light magazine, who makes it so easy for me to find vegetarian options with its front-of-book recipe index. Thank you!!)

Last week I made Cooking Light's Orecchiette with Roasted Peppers, Arugula and Tomatoes. Now, I think I've told you all that I prefer long ribbon-shaped pastas, but this small ear-shaped pasta really did a great job of holding in the light, refreshing sauce for the dish - just as the recipe promised! And what a tasty sauce it was. It was a very full, layered flavor with the Herbes de Provence and arugula, but a little white wine vinegar for balance kept it seasonally light and refreshing. Truly delicious!

This was the first time I've roasted my own peppers and I was shocked at how simple it was to achieve that flavor in the broiler. My only mistake was that I purchased one red and one orange bell pepper and the recipe called for one orange and one yellow pepper. The yellow would have added a nice pop of color to the already pretty dish, but the flavor was still spot on. Next time!

Yes - I will be making this again and again and again...

My Grade: A
Hubby's Grade: A
Recipe: http://bit.ly/byDSm5

No comments:

Post a Comment