Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Time for Grill Pizza!
















Day 346

To kick off summer yesterday, we busted out my favorite summer accessory. No, not my Jack Rogers or Havianas, although those are on the top of my list. I'm talking the grill! (Okay, in all honesty it's not the first time we've used it this year, but since yesterday was officially the first day of summer I felt I owed it a little shout-out.)

I can always eat pizza - always! I went to the market without a shopping list yesterday, simply driven by the idea of grill pizza for dinner. It's so easy, and you can throw on any toppings you want to create your own signature pizza. We went with two different combos.

On one, a salty prosciutto with sweet, caramelized onion finished off with chopped, fresh rosemary and shredded mozzarella. For a base sauce, I used my favorite standby, crushed San Marzano tomatoes dressed up with a little olive oil, salt and fresh garlic. I only remembered later when I was putting away leftovers that I also had arugula for this pizza, but totally forgot about it. Oh, well. It was still delicious.

Our second pizza was a twist on a basic Margherita. It had the traditional trio of toppings: tomatoes (I used Kumato), fresh mozzarella and basil; but I also added dollops of pesto because, well, I'm obsessed with pesto and will employ any excuse to eat it!

Grill = amazing
Pizza = delicious
Grill + pizza = amazingly delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment