Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's Official: Fall is Here!

Day 86

Whether we want to admit it or not, ready or not, fall is here! And with it comes a big list of to-dos in our house, many of which we checked off this past weekend.

Raking leaves? Check.
Visit to the apple orchard for cider and pumpkins? Check.
Flu shot? Check.
Turn on the heat? Check.
Switching out spring/summer wardrobe for fall/winter clothing? Ccccchhhhheeeeccckkkk.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel when it comes to this task. If I'm being honest, it's something I usually spread out over a few days. Pull the spring/summer clothes out of the closet and drawers and go through which items to keep and which to donate one day; start loading in the fall/winter items the next; and the next; and the next. But this year I was a woman on a mission. It took me almost four hours, but I'm okay with that because it felt so good to get it done! No lingering to-do list for me, thank you very much.

Now I can focus on something else, specifically preparing a homemade apple sauce with the bag of Empires we picked up at the orchard. I'm hoping Mom or Sister might have Great Grandma's famous recipe tucked away somewhere. That's one of the best ways I can think of to stay warm this season. Comfort food always wins!

If you have any apple sauce recipes you love, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment